Thursday, February 7, 2013

Is It Too Soon To Say Perfect?



I'll say it in the simplest way I can




With you I meet a rush of the most incomprehensible feeling.
It stops the beating of an off beat drum and turns it into uproar of exciting rhythm,
Twists the corners of chapped lips into a smile I don't recall having before.
It gives the kind of chills only found laying in a dewy field in the dead heat of July,
The kind of hope you salvage only for shooting stars after all the wells have come up dry.

And it all floods the walls I constructed after my mistakes,
Crumbling them so quickly, it's breath taking, in the dauntingly beautiful kind of way.
It reveals the things I can only tell in whispers,
The insecurities I swore to conquer and bury away.
I'm becoming the me I thought I'd never discover.

But I'm not scared, simply because you're the one that makes me feel this,
The butterflies that dissolve just in time to crave them again,
The knots that come just before I have my hand in yours.
It's the same simple happiness I capture in blowing bubbles,
Yet the same unpredictability as where lightning might strike the ground.



Perhaps it's called love


No comments:

Post a Comment