Monday, May 20, 2013

Was I Too Lost To Rescue?

There is something about those damn blue eyes that I can't get over. "They're just blue." He tells me, but I see so much more. If I could count the times I've apologized, I'd hold the night sky in my hands, but even the stars boil down to nothing when it's too late to wish upon them. "I love you." I whisper, but it only hangs in the air, without ever reaching him.





My entire atmosphere stays that way, holding the words that won't ever reach more than ten feet. I won't deliver them because nothing has changed. I'm sitting here digging my grave and not sure why I keep pushing the shovel in the dirt.

I'm sorry, again.
I love you dearly.
Forget me.

1 comment:

  1. If I could count the times I've apologized, I'd hold the night sky in my hands, but even the stars boil down to nothing when it's too late to wish upon them.

    That might be my favorite line you've written yet.

    ReplyDelete