Saturday, March 16, 2013

His Name Is Guarded, Her's Is Naive





He has the grand total of 53 sunny days in a year

She has rainstorms only after he's gone

He never told her he loves her

She has twelve freckles surrounding her collar bones, and you can see his heart in all of them

He has a temper that starts wildfires

She breathes in the flames to allow the destruction within her

Her name is written all over the walls

His is engraved into her heart

He shuts her out so he'll never know what it's like to lose her

She's too stubborn to ever give up on him

He kisses her while she sleeps so she doesn't know he's caving

She'll never leave, though all the rainy days are killing her


9 comments:

  1. that is powerful...
    "She has twelve freckles surrounding her collar bones, and you can see his heart in all of them"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. Hold on. Is this a love story about Summer and Spring or Summer and Fall?

    This might be the coolest idea ever. But I want more. I want you to tell me if I'm reading this right. And if I'm not, let me know, so I can steal the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her name is written all over the walls.

    Stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He has a temper that starts wildfires."
    Too too good. You always have those lines in your post that make my hands shake a little

    ReplyDelete
  5. "He has the grand total of 53 sunny days in a year. She has rainstorms only after he's gone."

    Seriously, those were the only lines I paid attention to the first time you made me read this.
    I had to reread it like, three times before I got the rest.
    Stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "She has twelve freckles surrounding her collar bones, and you can see his heart in all of them."

    favorite line. <3
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  7. "She breathes in the flames to allow the destruction within her"
    I like this line a lot, it has so many meanings

    ReplyDelete
  8. This whole thing is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Basically perfection.
    You make words beautiful.

    ReplyDelete