Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Divided and Undecided




Who are you today? Heads or Tails?
Tails again, of course. The fickle side of a heavily biased coin,
And regardless of how many times I can toss it in a day, it endlessly lands on Tails.

Again.




And again.





And again.



I almost become tired of the echoing clink it makes as it clashes with the table,
But I just keep tossing, hoping for even the slightest glance at the other side.
Do I remember what it looks like? Toss.

Again.

And again.

And again.

Tails, should have known. Enough. You scream at me, the edges wearing thin. You think you're the one mistreated? Think again. All I ever get is the dark, faded, relentless Tails. Slamming against my heart the same way it does to the mahogany.

Is it courage or cowardice that tempts me to slide the coin away into my pocket and endure the burning reminder of Tails instead of leaving it to sit there and never pick it up again? Sometimes I hope you'll fall out and roll away so blame doesn't come looking for me. Then I could search for my escape, while you believe it was all your idea.

Just one more toss before you go.



3 comments:

  1. "The fickle side of a heavily biased coin, and regardless of how many times I can toss it in a day, it endlessly lands on Tails."

    I've loved this line for awhile.
    Stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You scream at me, the edges wearing thin. You think you're the one mistreated? Think again. All I ever get is the dark, faded, relentless Tails. Slamming against my heart the same way it does to the mahogany."

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Who are you today? Heads or Tails?" reminds me of my crazy Ex

    ReplyDelete